Have you ever wondered what your LinkedIn profile looks like to anyone who finds your profile on a search engine i.e. the public / non-logged in members of LinkedIn?
Do you know if your photo is appearing or not? Can we see your work history or your education? You might be quite happy to show off all of this information, or not. You decide. But to make the changes, see the steps below.
1. Go to your personal profile page. On the right hand side look for a box that says "Edit public profile & URL". Click this box.
This is what your profile looks like to non-logged in members and search engines.
I'm self employed, work in digital marketing and train people on how to use LinkedIn, so naturally I am very open with how much information I give away on my LinkedIn profile. But not everyone will want their employment history and education out there for everyone to see. It is a personal preference - it is your data after all. A few questions to ask yourself:
To make any changes, it's very simple.
Did you know that we provide full day LinkedIn training for in-house Sales, HR and Marketing teams and open workshops for the public on everything from using LinkedIn to drive new leads to LinkedIn for jobseekers and professionals. We promise never to have boring presentations but instead our workshops are hands-on with demos and live editing of profiles throughout the day in a fun and supportive environment (bring your laptop!)
*Upcoming workshops in Cork*
(1) Busy Business Owners: Tuesday 29th May, International Hotel. 9.30am - 4pm (includes lunch & more tea and coffee than you could ever drink).
(2) Jobseekers and Professionals. Friday 1st June. The Blue Suite Training Room. Maylor Street, Cork city centre. 9.30am - 4pm. (includes lunch & more tea and coffee than you could shake a stick at!).
How to Book
Email email@example.com to book offline.
Or book on Eventbrite below. Use the discount code 'smartfox' for *€20 discount* (6.5% booking fee applies)
- I would like to attend the LinkedIn Workshop for Busy Business Owners
- I would like to attend the LinkedIn Workshop for Jobseekers and Professionals