Praise the Lord. Administrators on LinkedIn company pages can finally post content to their company page via the mobile app.
This new functionality has been around for a few weeks I’d say, but I’ve just tested out posting a blog to my company page from my phone and low and behold it has posted to my company page feed. Here's how to do it.
Why is this important?
Before this new functionality, company page administrators were not able to post to their LinkedIn company page from their phone. This was a nightmare.
For example, let’s say that there was a company event, and the marketing manager wanted to post photos or a video to their LinkedIn company page at that moment. What used to happen was one of three options.
Option 1. They would use a social media posting app such as Buffer or Hootsuite. But the posted photo appeared smaller and shorter than when posting directly from desktop. But you had to make your peace with that as it was the best option when out and about.
Option 2. Email the photos or video to a colleague who was sitting in front of a laptop and who was an admin on the company page and they could post the content. (Or upload to the cloud instead of emailing).
Option 3. The marketing manager would power up their own laptop, email the pics to themselves or upload to the cloud and post from desktop on the laptop. Not very nice if you are at an awards event…hence option Buffer or Hootsuite. Or sometimes you had to wait until you got back into the office.
Now, thankfully we don’t have to carry our laptops to events anymore or have small pictures appearing via Buffer because we can post via mobile! Hurrah!
How to post to your LinkedIn Company Page via mobile
*Important* You must be an administrator on the company page for this to work.
1. On your mobile app, go to the home screen and look for the Search bar.
2. Type in the name of your company page and select it.
3. You will be in the Admin view of your company page. Look for the blue circle with white pencil icon in the bottom right hand corner. Click this.
4. To create your post, either paste in the copied url link of a blog or a website article. Or upload a photo or a video using the icons at the end.
See an example of how to post a blog below.
For example, if you want to share a blog that you have written or an article from the web, just copy and paste the url into your post. It should automatically pull the details from the blog.
Delete the url text. Replace with a snippet of text to tell users what the blog is about and why they should read it.
4. When ready, post your piece of content by clicking the POST button.
5. Always double check to make sure that it is appearing correctly.
BUT! There's one really annoying thing. You cannot edit